Thursday, July 3, 2008

Regular season over

So the regular season in Durham Summer Swim League is over, and Umstead Pines/Willowhaven is the Division II regular season champion! Woohoo! We finished the regular season at 4-0 last night with a nice win over Duke Faculty Club. Again, time drops all around. In fact, for the 11-and-up age groups (11-12, 13-14, and 15-18), we, the coaches, instituted a "Milkshake Challenge," where a significant time drop (determined by coaches Charles and Melissa) in an event (chosen by the swimmer) earns a milkshake from Cookout. We had quite a few people make it, but even those that didn't had some great time drops and near misses. I think the Milkshake Challenge is gonna stay around for awhile.

On another note, I also saw a few people that I hadn't seen in a few years...Roger and Emma were both swimming for DFC, and Lauren was lifeguarding. Fittingly enough, Lauren is the daughter of my first coach, Rusty, who is an amazing coach and pretty much my model for anything I do that is coaching-related. Except the Milkshake Challenge. Melissa and I started that.

No comments: